Using an Interative Student Notebook in Your Classroom
Here’s how to implement the interactive student notebook
- 1. Give students a materials list. Dedicate a class-period to discussing what the Interactive Student Notebook is [see Activities], why it is important, how it can assist them in future study, how and when they will be graded, etc.
- 2. Spend a day setting up the notebooks in a step by step fashion [see PPT].
- 3. Collect notebooks and give direct feedback-tips on how to make it better, comments on what they are doing great, things they aren’t doing well- once per week.
- 4. Complete the Exemplar notebook ahead of time this way, kids can walk right up during a lesson if they are confused about what they need to be doing. It also can be used by absent students to catch up on previous days’ lectures.
- 5. Check notebooks unannounced and count as a test grade [see rubric].
via Ms. DeSalvo @ Mariana Bracetti Academy Charter School